Brattleboro Area Affordable Housing is a non-profit organization serving Windham County, VT. We have worked since 1995 to support affordable housing through state and local advocacy as well as programs to assist landlords, homeowners, and residents.
We envision our communities as places where people have decent, safe and affordable housing that enables them to live secure and productive lives, and where all sectors of society — public and private — help to see that all are sheltered with dignity. The programs we’ve developed grew in response to needs we observed in the community. They are modest efforts, but we believe they are making a difference.
You will find here:
- Links to affordable housing resources in the Brattleboro area including our Apartments in Homes program.
- Links to housing data sources and other affordable housing organizations and programs.
- Thoughts and resources about the housing problem;
- Information and materials about our work;
- Guidance for other organizations, town or states interested in developing an ‘apartments-in-homes’ program;